These Healthy Fudgey Brownies are an awesome way to get in your chocolate fix without having to feel guilty! In fact they’re packed with benefits the of zucchini and have protein added! So you can even feel kinda good about eating them:)
1/2 Cup Zucchini
1/8 Cup Cocoa powder(heaping)
1/8 Cup Applesauce
1 Serving Protein powder
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour(possibly 1/3 Cup of an alternative like almond, oat etc..read on to see why)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Tsp Baking soda
Tiny bit of salt
– I added 1/8 cup semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter because I was wanting some extra chocolate!
So, I made these before without coconut flour and I’m not sure that I love the flavor it adds.(I realized I also don’t really know all the nuances of using it, anyone have positive experiences with it??) If you’ve never used it before, I don’t know if I recommend it with this recipe because you can definitely tell it’s there and adds a different taste than almond or oat flour. So, if you’re unsure about coconut flour and not looking to add this distinct “something is in here.. what is it?” kind of flavor then i’d 100% recommend going with another option, even whole wheat if you’re not trying to avoid gluten!
– Pre heat oven to 350 degree
– Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes so they blend better
– Grease the pan so the brownies won’t stick! (this isn’t a huge batch so a small pan is fine)
-In a bowl big enough to mix all of the batter: mix flour, protein, baking powder, coco and salt together.
-In your food processor, blend the dates until there are no big chunks left then add zucchini into this mixture and blend together well.
– Pour the zucchini and date mixture to the dry ingredients along with the applesauce, egg and vanilla.
-Mix all of the ingredients together well making sure there are no chunks of the dry ingredients in it.
-Pour everything into the pan and cook for 25-30 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick in and tell they’re done!